The Wisconsin FFA Foundation has selected deserving recipients for the 2012 post-secondary scholarships. These scholarships are generously provided by companies and individual endowed funds.
"We are very encouraged by the increase of funds awarded, and we want to be providing even more to these very deserving students," said Nicole Nelson, executive director of the Wisconsin FFA Foundation. "We also saw a 50% increase in the number of applications, as well as an increase in the application quality and amount of financial need expressed. These scholarships are crucial to supporting these youth in the next step of their career preparation."
Applicants must be a senior in high school or enrolled in a university or technical school and have maintained a satisfactory scholastic record. Winners of the 2012 Wisconsin FFA Foundation post-secondary scholarships will be recognized at the Wisconsin FFA Convention in June.
The following students were awarded scholarships:
- Meagan Vujnovich, Beaver Dam, Louis M Sasman Endowment
- Connor J. Moore, Black Hawk, Blain Supply
- Erica Lamers, Brillion, Dr. Robert Campbell Memorial
- Jordan DeLong, Clinton, Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
- Keaton Andersen, Clintonville, Kenneth K Heideman Endowment
- Kayla Hack, East Troy, Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
- Emily Sendelbach, Evansville, UW-Madison Collegiate FFA
- Cole H. Anderson, Freedom, John & Hattie Van Wychen Endowment
- McCoy R. Jaeckel, Jefferson, Robert & Herta Laatsch Family Endowment
- Elizabeth Binversie, Kiel, Cooperative Resources International
- Nathaniel Nolden, Lodi, Bernie & Marty Staller Endowment
- Nicole Hoesly, Loyal, GROWMARK
- Eric Heeg, Marshfield, Kenneth K Heideman Endowment
- Ethan Giebel, Mauston, Harold & Geneva Beals Endowment
- Logan Wells, Monroe, Rodney O Kittelsen Endowment
- Savannah Brown, Neillsville, Star Blends
- Matthew Casper, New Holstein, Kenneth K Heideman Endowment
- Nicole Schneider, New Holstein, Kenneth K Heideman Endowment
- Lisa Chou, Oconto Falls, Mary Elstad & Dean P Gagnon Endowment
- Timothy A. Borgardt, Omro, Arnold & Katherine Cordes Endowment
- Nicholas Huffman, Pecatonica, Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
- Dakota Lins, Riverdale, Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
- Amanda Patterson, River Ridge, Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Assoc.
- Brian Patterson, River Ridge, Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Assoc.
- Shea Esser, River Ridge, ANIMART
- Aaron M. Zimmerman, Spencer, Walter & Delores Bjoraker Endowment
- Matthias Olson, Southern Door, Cooperative Resources International
- Bryan Wendt, Stoughton, Blain Supply
- Emily Petzel, Unity, UW-Madison Collegiate FFA
- Laura Hornsby, Viroqua, WPS Farm Show Food Vendors
- Travis Luxton, Weston, GROWMARK
- Stacey Kunde, Winneconne, Dr. Virgil & Ann Martinson Endowment
The Wisconsin FFA Foundation unites individuals, organizations and companies who share a common interest in the advancement of agriculture and community leadership through FFA. You can step up and help today's FFA members by supporting the programs that have been core tenets of the FFA - proficiency awards, career development events, state FFA degrees, sectional leadership workshops, scholarships, chapter awards, agri-science fair, state FFA convention and state officer support.
The Wisconsin FFA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization. You can get involved by supporting Wisconsin's FFA members and their future by contacting the Wisconsin FFA Foundation - 608-831-5058, [email protected], or 1241 John Q. Hammons Drive, Madison, WI 53717. Visit www.wisconsinffafoundation.org for more information.
Source: Wisconsin FFA