The Wisconsin Agriculturist, in partnership with FCWisconsin, Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, and Wisconsin Public Service, will once again honor four Wisconsin farmers who have demonstrated outstanding farm management skills while also taking active leadership roles in their communities.
The Master Agriculturist program has a rich history dating back 76 years to 1930 when the magazine first started honoring top Wisconsin farmers.
"Historically, we've honored the cream of the crop," says Executive Editor Frank Holdmeyer. "We know there are Master Agriculturists in every county in Wisconsin. We just need someone to nominate them."
We are looking for the best of the best. It's a wonderful opportunity to recognize those farmers who have excelled and can serve as an inspiration to others.
"Honoring Master Agriculturists is a great tradition for Farm Progress," says Willie Vogt, corporate editorial director, Farm Progress Cos. "Historically, these agricultural leaders in the community have also been innovators and first-timers for a wide range of technologies. We brought this program back in 2005 and we're looking forward to a long future honoring the state's brightest and best."
HOW TO APPLY
* Nomination forms are available online at www.wisconsinagriculturist.com. Or to have a nomination form mailed to you, call the Wisconsin Agriculturist editorial office at (920) 346-8333.
* Winners will be selected by a committee of industry leaders and will be honored at a luncheon held at the Hilton Garden Inn during the Wisconsin Public Service Farm Show March 27-29 at the EAA grounds in Oshkosh.
* Winners will be featured in the Wisconsin Agriculturist.
* Deadline for nominations is Dec. 1.
* Letters of recommendation help strengthen the nomination and should be included.
* Past winners will be invited to attend the Master Agriculturist Awards Program.
So take a few minutes and nominate somebody who you believe should receive the award. Anybody can nominate a farmer or write a recommendation including family members, neighbors, friends, Extension agents, bankers or industry representatives.
Nomination forms should be returned to: Wisconsin Agriculturist, 102 E. Jefferson St., P.O. Box 236, Brandon, WI 53919. Those who are nominated and do not receive the award in 2006 will be automatically considered for a Master Agriculturist award in 2007.